In order to manage blog posts in Magento 2, first of all, make sure that Magefan Blog Extension is installed on your Magento 2 instance.
Follow these steps to learn how to create a blog post in Magento 2:
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin panel.
- Go to the ‘Content’ tab > ‘Blog’ > ‘Posts’.
- Press the ‘Add new post’ button.
After pressing ‘Add new post’ button you will see the post’s creation page.
- To enable or disable a post, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ correspondingly in the ‘Enable Post’ switcher.
- Enter a ‘Post Title’.
- Assign to ‘Categories’, if needed. Also you can easily create a new category by pressing a ‘New Category’ button.
- To edit a blog content use WYSIWYG (What you See is What you Get) editor.
In this section you can enter a short content, only if it is completely different from the main content. Please read more about how to configure the ‘read more’ tag.
1. In the ‘Featured Image’ field you can upload the main image of the article.
2. In the ‘Publish Day’ field you can specify the post publish date. If the publish date is not set, it will be filled in with a current date. If you set up a date in the future, the post will not be visible on the storefront until this date.
3. In the ‘Author’ field you can indicate the author of the article. If you leave this field blank, your admin user will be automatically assigned to this post as the author.
4. In the ‘Tags’ field you can connect existing or new tags to the article.
In this section you can upload photos for Blog Post Media Gallery which will be displayed on the post page in the storefront.
Search Engine Optimization
1. Indicate URL Key which will be used in the article url. If you leave this field blank, it will be generated automatically.
2. Indicate Meta Title which should NOT be more than 50-60 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Post Title will be used.
3. Indicate Meta Keywords if needed. Please note that according to the latest SEO practices the usage of Meta Keyword is not recommended.
4. Indicate Meta Description which should NOT be more than 160 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Short Content will be used.
Open Graph Metadata
In this section you can specify Open Graph tags, such as: OG Title, OG Description, OG Image, OG Type. Please click here to read about OG tags.
Post in Websites
Please indicate which Website and Store View the post will be accessible to.
Related Posts and Products
In this section you can chose related posts and products. They will be displayed on the article page.
To add a related post:
1. Press the ‘Add Related Post’ button.
2. Select the posts. If you don’t see any posts, try to ‘Reset Filter’.
3. Press the ‘Add selected Posts’ button.
If you want to delete related posts, you just need to press the ‘Remove’ link.
The process of adding related products is similar to the preceding one:
1. Press the ‘Add Related Product’ button.
2. Select the products. If you don’t see any products try to ‘Reset Filter’.
3. Press the ‘Add selected Products’ button.
If you want to delete related product, you just need to press the ‘Remove’ link.
1. In the ‘Layout’ field you can select a structure of the Blog Post Page.
2. In the ‘Layout Update XML’ field you can enter the custom Layout XML. Please note that technical skills are required.
Custom Design Update
To set up Custom Design for Post Page, please select a date range (from - to) within which a new design will be applied. For Custom Design you can specify ‘New Theme’, ‘New Layout’ and ‘New Layout Update XML’.
Once all the changes have been performed, please press ‘Save’ or ‘Save and Continue’ button.