One of the best marketing tools — blog is a great thing to implement on your Magento 2 website. It helps you to create a source of traffic and a free place to promote your store.
By creating a blog on Magento 2 you build trust and improve customers' experience on your website.
Magento doesn't have the blog feature by default. So you need to install it on your instance to be able to manage a blog without relying on some third-party platform.
The market is huge. To save you time, we already gathered the best Magento 2 blog extensions in one place and compared their features. Now, it shouldn't be hard for you to choose a blog for your store.
However, in this article, you will learn how to create a blog in Magento 2 Blog by Magefan.
Follow these steps to create a blog post in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Content > Blog > Posts and press the Add New Post button.
2. Enable Post and give it a Title.
3. Select the Category you want to assign the blog post to. Note: you can easily create new category by pressing a New Category button.
4. Enter the blog post Content and Short Content. Note: you can enter a short content, only if it is completely different from the main content. Please read more about how to configure the read more tag.
5. Configure the blog post Display Settings.
- Upload Featured Image, set the Featured Image Alt, and upload Featured List Image (Blog+) together with the Featured List Image Alt (Blog+) but not these 2 last options are available only for Blog+ and Blog Extra Editions.
- In the Publish Day field specify the post publish date. If the publish date is not set, it will be filled in with a current date. If you set up a date in the future, the post will not be visible on the storefront until this date.
- Indicate the Author of the article. If you leave this field blank, your admin user will be automatically assigned to this post as the author.
- Сonnect your Magento 2 blog posts with Tags.
- Decide whether to Include posts in Recent Posts.
- Set the post's Position in the post list.
- Set the View Count.
- Limit post's Visibility for Customer Groups. Note: this option if available for Blog Plus and Blog Extra editions only.
You may be interested in:
6. Upload photos for Blog Post Media Gallery which will be displayed on the post page in the storefront.
7. Configure Search Engine Optimization.
Set the URL Key which will be used in the article URL. If you leave this field blank, it will be generated automatically.
Enter the Meta Title which should NOT be more than 50-60 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Post Title will be used.
Set the Meta Description which should NOT be more than 160 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Short Content will be used.
Specify Meta Keywords if needed. Please note that according to the latest SEO practices the usage of Meta Keyword is not recommended.
8. Choose which Websites you want the blog to be posted on.
9. Set the Related Products Rules to generate related products automatically. Note: this feature is available for Blog Plus and Extra users only.
10. Chose Related Posts and Products. They will be displayed on the article page.
11. Configure blog post Design and Custom Design Update.
- Choose the Layout and the Layout Update XML for the Design.
- Choose the Date range (from - to) within which a new design will be applied and specify the New Theme, Layout and Layout Update XML.
Once you finish creating a blog post and setting up the additional options don't forget to Save it.