Magento Blog supports different kinds of comments including Magefan, Facebook and Disqus comments. In this article, you will learn how to configure them. In order to manage comments in Magento 2 Blog navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Blog > Post View and find the Comments Section.
Magefan Blog Comments
- Set the Number of Comments of blog post to be displayed by default. In order to see more comments, customers will have to click on the See More button.
- Specify the default Number of Replies to these comments to display.
- Choose whether to Allow Guest Comments. In case you disable this option guests won't be able to submit a new comment or reply. To do this they will have to log in.
- State the Comments Date Format. Note that this option is available only for Blog Plus and Blog Extra users.
If you choose to Enable Email Notifications some additional options will appear. According to it customer will receive the email notifications about a reply to his/her comment or other comments to the post he/she commented on. Note that this option is available only for Blog Plus and Blog Extra users.
7. State the Sender of the email.
8. Choose the Email Template.
It is important to note that Magento 2 Blog module notifications about new comments aren't emailed to the admin. Instead when there is a new comment the notification appears in the Admin Panel.
That is how the Magefan Blog Comments look like on the storefront:
Facebook Blog Comments
- Set the Number of Comments to be displayed by default.
- Enter the Facebook Application ID.
Facebook comments can't be seen in the Magento 2 admin panel. They can be moderated only from Facebook Moderation Tool.
That is how the Facebook Blog Comments look like on the storefront:
Disqus Blog Comments
Choosing Disqus Comments all you have to do is state Your Discus Forum Shortname.
Disqus comments can't be seen in the admin panel. Therefore, they can be moderated only from Disqus Account.
That is how the Disqus Blog Comments look like on the storefront:
Disabling Comments for a Single Blog Post
In case you are using Blog Plus of Blog Extra, there is an additional option available for you. In order to disable comments for a single blog post navigate to Admin Panel > Content > Posts. Choose the post you would like to disable comments for and in the Display Settings section of blog configurations find the Enable Comments field. Setting it to "No" you disable comments for this particular blog post.