Blog authors add credibility and provide readers a source of information. So, creating authors in Magento 2 Blog allows different people to contribute content and have separate accounts and roles.
Note: blog author option is available only for the Blog Extra users. If you use Blog Base or Blog Plus the admin user has the role of the author.
So to create different blog authors in Blog Base or Plus you have to create different admins. Learn more about how to create the admin user in Magento 2.
To create blog post author in Magento 2 Blog Extra take the following steps or check the video down below:
1. Make sure you enable the Display Author Information option in blog author configurations and then navigate to Content > Blog > Authors.
2. Press the Add New Author button to create a new author or choose the existing author to change some configurations.
3. Fill out the Author Information.
- Enable Author.
- Enter First and Last Names.
- Set the author's Email and assign this user a Role.
Note: you can grant different blog authors access to different sections of the blog by configuring blog access control list.
- Upload the Featured Image.
4. Enter Content.
Enter Content you want to be displayed in author Block on the storefront.
5. Configure Display Setttings.
- Choose the Template for the blog author page to define what it will look like.
- Set the Post Per Page option to choose the number of posts that will be displayed on the blog author page regardless of the template.
Note: if you don't set any number in the Post Per Page field, the extension will take the post list configuration.
6. Enter the Short Content.
7. Set Social Media URLs.
In this section, you set the links to the author's social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages.
8. Configure Search Engine Optimization.
This is a standard option for all Magento 2 pages. Here you set the URL Key and Meta Information for the author page.
9. Configure the Design and Custom Design Update options.
In the Design section, you are able to choose the Layout and the Layout Update XML. Customer Design Update correspondingly allows you to predetermine the design update.
Therefore you are able to choose the New Theme , Layout together with the Layout Update XML and the Date you want the custom design to be changed on.
Once you press the Save Author page you can assign the author to the post and check the author block on the post page.
Note: to add the Latest From Author section check the blog post view configurations.
When you follow the read more link on the author block you are directed to the author page which looks like this depending on the number of posts and templates you select:
Want your Blog Author page to look like this?
Magento 2 Blog Author is not the only feature Blog Extra offers you. You also get 22 unique blog templates you can change for different blog pages. You can even build a blog index page with blog widgets.
As promised, in this short video, you're going to learn how to create blog post author in Magento 2 if you prefer to see it all in action: