In order to create a new blog post author in Magento 2 Blog take the following steps:
1. Navigate to Content > Blog > Authors.
Note: the author managing option is available only for the Blog Extra users. If you are the Blog Base user the role of the author is taken by the Admin. Read more about how to create the admin user in Magento 2.
2. Press the Add New Author button to create a new author or choose the author in order to change some of his page configurations.
3. Fill out the Author Information.
- Enable Author.
- Enter First and Last Names.
- Set the author's Email and assign this user a Role.
- Upload the Featured Image.
4. Configure Content.
Enter Content and Short Content you want to be displayed in author Block on the storefront.
5. Set Social Media URLs.
In this section, you set the links to the author's social media pages such as ones on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
6. Configure Search Engine Optimization.
This is a standard option for all Magento 2 pages. Here you set the URL Key and Meta Information for author page.
7. Specify the Design and Custom Design Update options.
In the Design section, you are able to choose the Layout and the Layout Update XML. Customer Design Update correspondingly allows you to predetermine the design update. Therefore you are able to choose the New Theme , Layout together with the Layout Update XML and the Date you want the custom design to be changed on.
Once you Save the new author you will be notified about the page successful creation and see it appear in the authors' grid.
Then, when you assign your author to the post you will see the author block displayed like this on the blog post page.
In this short video, you're going to learn how to create blog post author in Magento 2: