Magento 2 blog categories are a great way to improve blog navigation and organize your blog posts according to different criteria. Creating Magento 2 Blog categories you improve customer experience on your website and allow your blog visitors to find things they are interested in faster and more effectively.
Follow these steps to create a blog category in Magento 2:
1. Go to the Content > Blog > Categories and press the Add New Category button.
2. Enable Category.
3. Enter the Category Title.
4. Assign the category to Parent Category, if you want to create multilayered categories.
5. Set the Position in the category tree if needed.
6. Enter category Content by using a WYSIWYG (What you See is What you Get) editor.
8. Configure the category Search Engine Optimization.
- Set the URL Key which will be used in the category URL. If you leave this field blank, it will be generated automatically.
- Enter the Meta Title which should NOT be more than 50-60 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Category Title will be used.
- Indicate Meta Keywords if needed. Please note that according to the latest SEO practices the usage of Meta Keyword is not recommended.
- Set the Meta Description which should NOT be more than 160 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Content will be used.
9. Set Magento 2 blog category Design.
- In the Layout field you can select a structure of the Blog Category Page.
- In the Layout Update XML field you can enter the custom Layout XML. Please note that technical skills are required.
10. Configure the blog category Custom Design Update setting the Date Range (from - to) within which a new design will be applied and specify the New Theme, New Layout and New Layout Update XML for the blog category.
Once all the changes have been performed, don't forget to Save the new Magento 2 blog category.