Search form, categories and sidebar widgets are some of the best ways to improve navigation in your Magento 2 Blog. However, today you're going to learn about some other - Blog Tags.
Tags are used to help readers navigate through your blog faster and more effectively. Tag is a short description of a topic that is used as a keyword to mark blog posts.
In our Blog tags are displayed at the top of the blog post page, in the sidebar tag cloud and on tags page.
Take the following steps to create new blog tag in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Content > Blog > Tags and press Add New Tag button.
2. Make sure you Enable the new Tag.
3. Set the Tag Title and write some Content that will be displayed on the tag page.
4. Configure the tag page Display Settings.
- Choose the Template for the blog tag page.
- Set the
5. Choose what websites the blog tag will be available on in the Tag in Websites.
6. Set the URL Key and Meta Information for the tag. Choose the Meta Robots you want to be enabled on the tag page.
You can learn more about different default robots in this guide about robots.txt file configuration.
7. Set the Design and Custom Design Update.
Once you Save the new tag, go to Blog Post Page ( Content > Blog >Posts ) and assign the tag to a blog post.
After you create and assign the tag to a blog post you will see it in the tag cloud widget on the storefront.
There are 2 types of tag cloud available: static and 3D animated. So, to configure how tags will appear in the sidebar, configure tag cloud widget.
Your blog readers will also see the tags at the top of the blog post:
And finally, regardless of the place readers find the tag on (blog post page or sidebar) they will be directed to the tag page, once they click on it.
Here they will see the tag title, content and number of posts you've set in the tag configurations.
Once your readers land on the tag page, they won't be able to stop browsing through your posts. This proves once again that tags are great for improving navigation.
Is there anyone who can resist these beautiful blog templates?