Blog homepage, categories, tags, archive and search pages are post lists featuring certain posts. Correspondingly, the display of these posts is defined by the post list settings. Our Shopify Blog App enables you to choose between two different templates for post list pages and arrange a ccertain number of posts there.
Eager to learn how to do that?
To configure blog posts lists in Shopify:
1. Navigate to Apps > Magefan Blog > Configuration and find the Post List section.
2. Choose the Template for the posts list: Grid or List.
3. Specify the number of Posts per Page. If this number is exceeded, pagination will appear.
4. Set the Default Short Content Length.
Note: regardless of whether you specify the Short Content when creating a blog post or not, short content will be limited by the number of characters you set in this field.
5. Set the Short Content End Characters that are displayed in case short content exceeds the specified number of characters.
6. Save the settings once you finish, and check the post list on the frontend.
This is how the blog homepage will look like if you choose the List template:
If you select Grid template, this is how it will be displayed:
These settings work for all post lists in your Shopify Blog — categories, tags, archives, search pages, etc. However, you can also set these templates for posts in sidebar when configuring Shopify blog sidebar widgets.