It is useful to add blog author to your Magento 2 Blog, so readers can refer to someone who stands behind this or that content.
An author is the source of information on your blog and in this article, you will learn how to configure basic author options.
To configure blog post author in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Blog and find the Author section.
2. Choose whether to Display Author Information or not. If you disable this option no information about the author of the post will be displayed on the blog post page.
If you decide to display author information the following options will appear:
- Display Author Block which includes author photo, bio description, and social links.
- Display Post List by Author which displays the latest posts by author on the author page. If you enable this option you also need to select the Post List Template.
Note: you can define the number of blog posts displayed on the blog author page in post list configuration.
- Default Robots that are included before the <head> closing tag in page HTML.
Once you finish, don't forget to Save the configuration and go to check the author block and page on the storefront.
This is how the author's block looks like at the bottom of the blog post page when enabled:
Note: if you want to add the Latest From Author section to the blog posts page, check post view configurations.
If you press the read more link on the author's block you are directed to the author's page. It looks like the following:
Same as the author block and certain post list templates, blog author page is available only in the Blog Extra edition.
Besides, only Blog Extra users can create blog authors with the image, social media links and description displayed in the author's block and on the author's page. However, this isn't the only feature Blog Extra allows you to benefit from.