Adding authors to your blog builds trust and increases credibility. People know who is the source of the information and can refer to it when needed. In Shopify Blog App, you can create an unlimited number of blog authors. And that's what you'll learn to do in this article.
Note: this feature is available in the Standard and Pro plans.
Check this short video to see how to create blog authors in Shopify or follow the instruction below:
How to Manage Blog Authors in Shopify?
Before you move on to creating blog authors in Shopify, you need to make sure they are enabled in configurations. For that go to Apps > Magefan Blog > Configuration and find the Author section.
- Choose whether to Display Author Information.
- Decide if you want to Display Author Block at the bottom of the post page.
- Enable the Display Post List by Author if you want to show the author's posts on the author page and chose the Post List Template for it.
How to Create Blog Author in Shopify?
1. Navigate to Apps > Magefan Blog > Authors and press the Add New Author button.
2. Fill in the author's personal information, providing an Email, First and Last Names.
3. Set a Role.
4. Add the author's bio in the Content.
5. Set Author status to enable and upload the author's Image.
6. Specify the Short Content.
7. Specify blog author page URL Key and Metadata.
Once you Save a new blog author, you will be able to assign them to a blog post.
Then, after clicking on the author's name on the frontend, readers will be redirected to the author's page with all their posts.
Additionally, if you've enabled the author's block, readers will be able to go to the author's page from the blocks at the bottom of the post page.