Magento 2 related products are one of the best in-built tools to boost sales and improve the customer shopping experience. It is also a great way to increase the average order value and encourage customers to buy more. When managed properly, Magento related products can yield outstanding results.
So, today you'll learn how to add Magento 2 related products block to product pages. We'll also share how to add related products to categories, CMS pages, and shopping cart, and turn the process into auto-related products.
Post Contents [hide]
Before we more any further, let's define what related products are in Magento are how they are different from the cross-sells and up-sells.
What are Magento 2 Related Products?
Magento related products is a feature that allows you to add additional items to the product page to provide an alternative option. Unlike cross-sells and up-sells, related products don't have to be pricier or unrelated to the product customers initially landed on.
Related products are usually based on similar product relations, like the same category or the products often viewed or purchased together.
How to Add Related Products in Magento?
To enable better product recommendations in your store you need to add related products. In Magento, they are added manually for each product in the catalogue.
1. Go to Catalog > Products and select the products you'd like to add product recommendations to.
2. Scroll down to the Related Products, Up-sells, and Cross-sells section and press the Add Related Products button.
3. Select the products you'd like to add as related to the current one and press the Add Selected Products button.
4. Sort through the related products you've added. You can remove or change their order using the drag-and-drop feature.
Don't forget to Save the product and check the result on the storefront. The products will be in the same order you've arranged them in on the backend.
How to Add Related Products in Magento Automatically?
Adding Magento 2 related products in just a few clicks seems quite easy. However, if you have to do that manually for tens or hundreds of products, the task becomes tedious. Going from one product page to another is extremely time-consuming.
So you should consider incorporating a more effective way of managing product relations — auto-related products. They help you to cover an extensive number of products and add multiple related product blocks at once.
To add related products in Magento automatically:
1. Go to Marketing > Automatic Related Products > Rules and start adding a new rule.
2. Fill out the General Rule Information. It includes the name, description, priority, website, customer group related products should be displayed to and the date.
Once you fill out the general information, things start to get fun. You now need to configure what products to add to the Magento 2 related products block and where to display them.
3. Specify Where and When to display related products in Magento. You can choose multiple positions on the product, category and CMS pages as well as set different conditions for the block to be displayed.
4. Define What products to include in the related products block. It could be the products with a discount, new products, or products with a specific attribute set. Any product attribute works here.
Finally, we've come to the last step, where you define how products that fall into the rule conditions should be displayed on the frontend.
Once you save the Magento 2 related products rule, it will add related product blocks on all of the pages you've enabled it for. It reduces the manual work and saves you tons of time.
You can tweak the rule setting whenever you want or create multiple of them for different product types. Also, as promised, you can add related products to the shopping cart that will change dynamically based on the cart total or products.