Retargeting and email marketing stand out among other marketing strategies since they help to attract leads and returning customers. But isn't it better to encourage people to buy more while they're still on your website?
Related products are great in attracting visitors to your products while "Who Bought This Also Bought That" blocks help you earn more from people who already want to buy something from you.
So, here you'll learn why you need to set up "Who Bought This Also Bought That" in Magento 2, how to do that automatically, and how to display these blocks on multiple pages of your store.
Why Do You Need "Who Bought This Also Bought That" Block?
Imagine a customer who comes to your website to purchase the Fitness Training Course. They finalize the order and leave your website feeling like they've got everything they need. But once they start training they see that some of the gear is missing.
So, they start looking for it and don't necessarily land on your website.
What if you've added the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block with the sports gear to the shopping cart or the product page? Will it drive impulsive purchases?
"Who Bought This Also Bought That" products are based on the cross-sells logic and feature products often bought together. Additionally, they are super easy to set up.
How to Set Up "Who Bought This Also Bought That" in Magento?
While you can add related products in Magento 2 manually, it does not work the same way with the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" blocks.
So, you need a little help — Magento 2 Automatic Related Products extension. It uses a smart algorithm to analyze products often bought together and display them correspondingly.
However, there is more to it.
To configure Magento 2 "Who Bought This Also Bought That" blocks:
1. Navigate to Marketing > Automatic Related products > Rule and Add New Rule.
2. Fill in the general Rule Information.
- Enable Rule, give it a Name, and set a Description. The name and description specified here are used internally only.
- Set a Priority.
- Define what Customer Group the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block will be displayed to.
- Select the Store View on which it will be available.
- Set Date From and Date To to define the period during which you'd like to display the related products block.
3. Specify Where and When to Display the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block.
You can choose to display it in 20+ positions on a product, category, shopping cart, and any other custom positions if you want to use the related products widget.
Besides, you can add a set of conditions to display the related products block. It could be anything from a product, cart, and page attributes.
e.g. you might want to display the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block only on products from certain categories or if the customer's cart subtotal equals a certain amount.
Opportunities are limitless.
4. Define Products you'd like To Display.
There are multiple products attributes you can base the rules on. But there is also the Same As Condition that allows you to display products in the related product blocks based on the same product attribute.
e.g. if you like to display the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block on the product page, and only want to display products with the same color or size or category in that block.
5. If you want to display the block on product pages, enable Display Modes.
You can display products from categories only, only products with higher or lower prices. But since we're setting up the Magento 2 "Who Bought This Also Bought That" product block, enable the corresponding option.
Note: this option is available in the Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Plus.
6. Configure the block Display Settings.
Here you have to specify how the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" product block will be displayed on the front.
- Enter the Block Title and select how to Sort products By: randomly, by date, or by price.
- Enable the Display "Add to Cart" option.
- Set the Number of Products To Display in the block.
- Choose whether to Display "Out of Stock" Products.
Once you Save the rule you might need to press the Apply Rules button additionally and check the Magento 2 "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block on the storefront. It will be displayed according to your conditions to benefit your sales strategy.
Not only does the "Who Bought This Also Bought That" block helps you to boost sales, but increases customers' interest in more of your products. And the best thing is you can configure this in minutes without having to do a lot of manual work.