When you set up cross-sells in Magento 2 you not only increase the average order value. You help people find relevant products that might go well together. This could be the gym gear, home appliances, some recipe ingredients, and plenty of other variations.
In default Magento you can add cross-sells manually. However, if you have the Magento 2 Auto Related Products Extension, you can set up the "Who Bought This Also Bought" blocks and offer products in bundle packs.
So, today you'll learn how to set up bundle packs in Magento 2 and allow people to buy several products at once.
To set up bundle packs in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Marketing > Automatic Related products > Rule and click on the Add New Rule button.
2. Fill out the basic rule information.
- Specify the rule Name, and Description, and set a Priority.
- Choose the Customer Group your bundle packs will be visible to, and Store View it will be displayed on.
- Set the Date From and Date To in order to define the time range for the product block to be displayed.
3. Choose Where and When to Display your bundle pack offer. You can choose between 20+ positions on product, category, shopping cart and any other page. Besides, you can set any condition to display the bundle pack in Magento.
4. Define what Products you want to Display. These conditions can be based on multiple product attributes. Additionally, you can use the Same As condition, so products in the bundle are based on the same attribute.
5. Enable the Display Modes, if you want to display bundle packs on product pages. If you want the extension to display products often bought together, enable the Who Bought This Also Bought That option.
6. Fill out the Display Settings for the Magento bundle packs. Now be attentive.
- Specify the Block Title and choose how to Sort products By.
- Choose whether to Display the "Add To Cart" button and "Our of Stock Products".
- Set the Number of Products to Display.
- Choose the Frequently Bought Together Template for the bundle pack offer.
Don't forget to Save the rule once you finish and check the bundle pack on the Magento storefront. Customers can easily adjust the bundle and remove the products they don't need before adding them to the cart.
Then after they press the Add to Cart button, they choose the product options and proceed with the purchase.
Bundle pack products are added to the customers' shopping carts, ready for checkout.
Just like that — you've encouraged customers to buy more by offering them products in bundle packs. However, that's not the only way to boost sales.