One of the many perks of Magento 2 is the variety of products it allows you to create. Yet, Magento 2 bundle products definitely stand out. It's a unique type of product since it allows customers to customize product attributes available in a bundle.
Many of you would find a huge similarity between bundle and grouped products and there is some. However, these two types of products still have some differences you should know about.
If all these concepts confuse you a bit, you've landed on the right page. Today you'll not only learn more details about Magento bundle products but find out how to create them in Magento 2.
Post Contents [hide]
Difference Between Magento 2 Bundle Product and Grouped Products
When buying grouped products a customer can remove or add some items to the set (group), but not choose any product option. Magento 2 bundle products work the other way around. Besides, they consist of simple and virtual products.
e.g. If you have a grouped product that consists of a sports bag, uniform, and sneakers, customers can easily remove one of the items (either a bag, uniform, or sneakers). When it comes to bundle products, customers can also choose the size or quantity of the available in the bundle items.
To put it simply, Magento bundle products are sort of grouped products with customizable options. A bundle product is a "build your own" product, meaning shoppers can customize product attributes and change the size, price, and weight. Thus, it is more popular among buyers.
How to Create Bundle Product in Magento 2?
Now that you know what differentiates Magento bundle products from grouped ones, we can move to our next question.
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and choose Bundle Product from the Add Product dropdown.
2. Enable the product and choose the Attribute Set to assign a product to.
3. Set the Product Name and SKU.
4. Enable the Dynamic SKU, if you want a suffix to be added to the default SKU of each product in the bundle. If you set the option to No, a unique SKU will be created for every item of the bundle product.
5. Enable Dynamic Price and leave the Price field blank if you want the price to reflect the options customers select. Otherwise, set the Dynamic Price option to No and enter a fixed price.
Note: you can't set the Tax Class if you decide to use the Dynamic Price option.
When you create bundle products in Magento 2 you can't set the Quantity since there are the customizable options shoppers will choose from.
At this point, you can Save the bundle product to get a store switcher and assign this product to a certain store view and move to the next step.
6. Set the Stock Status for the Magento bundle product.
7. Enable Dynamic Weight for this product or set the fixed value in the Weight field.
8. Specify the Visibility of your product.
9. Assign a product to the relevant Category.
10. To specify for how long a product should be labelled as New set a date range in the Set Product as New From/To Date field.
11. Select the Country of Manufacturer.
12. Scroll down to the Bundle Items section and select the way to Ship Bundle Items.
13. Press the Add Option button to select the Magento bundle product items.
14. Enter the Options Title (Product name) to use as a field label, choose the Input Type, and check the Required checkbox to set this option as required.
15. Add Products to Option. Sthem from the list of products and press the Add Selected Products button.
16. Set their Price and Default Quantity once you add product options. Then add the rest of the items.
17. Fill out the Search Engine Optimization Section.
If you want to preview how your product page will look like in search results, and make sure metadata is optimized for SEO, use Magento 2 SEO Extension.
18. In the Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section, specify some product recommendations to be displayed on the product page.
19. Set the Customizable Options so the customers can choose the product variation they want.
Note: when using dynamic pricing, you won't be able to set customizable options.
20. Set the Website bundle product will be displayed on.
21. Configure the Design of a bundle product and Schedule Design Update.
22. Choose whether to enable the Allow Gift Message option.
Once you have added all the necessary information, do not forget to Save the product and check it on the storefront.
As noted before, your customers are free to choose the bundle product options they prefer. They just need to press the Customize and Add to Cart button and tweak the options from the list of all available options.
Magento 2 bundle products is a relatively simple tool that helps you provide better customers' experience and improve sales in general. But that's not it, you can boost your sales even more by offering bundle packs in your store. That said, you can sell related products in bundles prompting people to buy more.
This is not the only way to create bundle products though. If you prefer a more technical approach, you can create bundle products in Magento 2 programmatically. Both methods are manageable, so the choice is all yours.