Magento 2 grouped product is one of many product types the platform offers. As you might know, it features a set of different related simple products to increase the chances of customers buying more items.
In this case, every simple product can be purchased either separately or as a group. However, every item is listed as a separate product in a shopping cart.
Since Magento grouped products are relatively easy to create you'll learn all the necessary steps in this guide.
To create Magento grouped products:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and choose Grouped Product from the Add Products dropdown.
2. Enable the grouped product and choose the Attribute Set for it.
3. Enter the Product Name, specify the SKU, and set its Stock Status.
Note: you can't set the Price and Quantity since they are set separately for each product of the group.
4. Choose a Category Magento grouped product.
5. Set the Visibility of the grouped product.
6. Enter the date range in the
7. Set the Country of Manufacture.
8. Move to the Content section and add the Description and Short Description for the grouped product.
9. In the Grouped Products section, press the Add Products to Group button.
10. Select the Products you'd like to group and press the Add Selected Products button.
11. Once the products are added, set their Default Quantity and Position.
12. Unfold the Search Engine Optimization section and set the metadata for your grouped product.
If you want to preview how your product page will look like in search results, and make sure metadata is optimized for SEO, use Magento 2 SEO Extension.
13. In the Related Products, Up-Sells and Cross-Sells section, add product recommendations you want to display on this very product page.
14. Specify a website in the Product in Websites section.
15. Look through the rest of the sections, such as Images and Videos, Design, Schedule Design Update and Alow Gift Massage, and fill them out accordingly.
16. Once all the sections are set up, press the Save button and check the Magento grouped product on the frontend.
And that's it! It wasn't hard, was it?
You can easily create Magento 2 grouped products via the admin panel using these quick steps. Yet, you can also create grouped products programmatically if you want to optimize this process and create a bunch of products at once.