When you add Magento FAQs to product pages shoppers receive high-quality information all gathered in one place and find the necessary details quickly. Correspondingly, they can make purchasing decisions faster, without having to contact support or find the details they need elsewhere.
Thus in this article, you'll learn how to add Magento FAQs to your product pages to make your content more luring and SEO-friendly at the same time.
Ready to start?
Post Contents [hide]
How to Add Magento FAQ to Product Page via Widgets?
You can simply add FAQs in the product description if you like. However, in this case, you're missing out on the opportunity to optimize your FAQs for SEO. So it's best to use the FAQ rich snippet.
Unfortunately, Magento 2 doesn't allow you to add it from the admin panel by default. But we won't drag you through long programming steps if we have something better — Magento 2 Rich Snippets Extension. This tool allows you to add FAQs to any page, including product, in a matter of minutes.
Let's now see how this works.
1. Go to Content > Elements > Widgets and press the Add Widget button.
2. Choose FAQ by Magefan as a widget Type.
3. Set the Design Theme and press the Continue button.
4. Enter the Widget Title, assign it to the corresponding Store View, and specify the Sort Order.
5. Press the Add Layout Update button, in the Layout Updates section.
- Choose what product pages to Display the widget on.
- Add it either to All or to some Specific Products.
- Select the Container to define where on the page to display the widget.
6. Navigate to the Widget Options section.
- Specify the Structured Data Type.
- Add your questions and provide the answers to them in the FAQ List field.
- Choose the Template for the FAQ snippet.
7. Save the widget and check the results on the frontend.
Note: you might need to flush the cache for the FAQ snippet to be displayed on the storefront.
How to Add Magento FAQ in Product Tabs?
Another effective way to use Magento 2 FAQs in your store is to add them in product tabs. This way, the information you want to share will be neatly organized at the users' viewport, making the page more user-friendly.
Again, you'll need a hand in creating a custom tab just for your particular case. We'll add a new FAQ tab using the Magento 2 Product Tabs Extension and configure it to be displayed only on particular product pages. So, here are the steps to follow:
1. Navigate to Content > Product Tabs > Tabs and press the Add New Tab button.
2. Enable the Tab, and set the Table Name, Title, and Position.
3. Add the content of your tab, particularly specify the questions and answers for your FAQs.
4. Move to the Tab in Websites section and choose what Store View that tab should be added to.
5. Unfold the Display Rules section:
- Specify what Customer Groups the tab should be visible for.
- Set the Date From and Date To fields to determine for how long the tab is to be displayed.
- Choose when you want to show the tab in the Days Of The Week field.
6. Specify what product pages this Magento FAQ tab should be displayed on using the Tab Conditions.
7. Save the newly created tab and check your FAQs on the product page.
There you go! Here you have two possible ways of adding FAQs to the product pages of your store. What you go for depends on the overall strategy you adhere to and the results you're trying to achieve. So, the choice is all yours.
However, don't forget that product pages are not the only pages you can use the Magento FAQs on. If you manage a blog, add FAQs to blog posts as well to boost engagement.