Our Magento Blog Extension is a robust marketing tool that allows you to promote your products and build a community around your brand. And although it offers you a lot of SEO features, internal blog links are not something the module can cover for you.
According to the best Magento SEO practices, linking relevant pages together will pass the link juice across these pages. But not only that. It also improves customers' experience and helps search robots to understand your website structure better.
So, in this article, you'll learn how to add links across multiple blog posts in literally a few clicks. You'll need to resort to the Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate solution to configure automatic internal links in the blog.
To enable automatic internal links in Magento 2 Blog:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > SEO > Cross Links and make sure Magefan Blog Post Content is selected to be used for Auto Cross Links.
2. Go to Marketing > Seo&Search > Cross Links and press the Add Cross Link button.
3. Fill out general Cross Link Information.
- Enable and specify the Keyword.
- Set the URL to where the link should lead. It could be anything from products, and categories to blog posts and categories.
- Set the URL Title that will be displayed on hover.
- Choose whether to open the URL in a new window in the URL Target dropdown.
- Enable the Use Nofollow option if the link shouldn't be crawled by the search engines. Since we're setting up automatic internal links in the Magento blog it's best to keep it disabled and allow robots to follow the link.
- Set Priority for the cross-link.
4. Configure the Display Settings.
- Choose what Store View where the links will be available at.
- Select what content sections should the link be Available For. Since we've already selected Blog Post Content in the settings (step 1), we just keep it at Use config settings here.
- Ignore the Use for Categories option since it's only in case you configure automatic cross-links for the catalog pages.
- Set the Active From and Active To dates to define a period during which the link should be available within blog content.
- Set the Occurrence to apply the link to a specified keyword in a certain order — apply the link to the first, second, and third keyword on the same page or randomly.
- Number of Replacements allows you to display multiple automatic internal links in Magento blog content. So just specify how many times a link should appear within a blog post.
Pro tip: no need to be spammy in case the keyword appears multiple times within one blog post. Setting "1" for this option will do just fine.
Once you finish Save the cross-link for the blog and go to the storefront to check how it works.
In this article, we've decided to add a link for the Travel category with the travel hacks keyword. So once we go through the blog posts we'll see the link is added to the corresponding keyword on multiple blog post pages.
But the best part is Magento 2 SEO Suite Ultimate Extension allows you to add one internal link to a product, category, CMS, and blog post pages automatically. So there is no need to go and apply the same links across multiple blog posts if you want to promote a product, or link to some particular post.
Improving SEO is crucial in today's highly competitive market, so you will benefit from other features of the extension too.