Setting up special price in Magento 2 is one of many ways to provide discounts and boost conversion rates in your store. Since sales always drive customers' attention and make them come back regularly, you need to know how to leverage them to your benefit.
So, in this guide, you'll learn more about special prices in Magento 2 and how to configure them for one and multiple products.
Post Contents [hide]
A special price is usually set up when a product is put on sale and displayed instead of the regular price with the usual price notation. However, except for the product page, it is also displayed in a catalog.
To Set Up Special Price in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and choose the product you want to configure the special price for.
2. Scroll down to the Price field and click on Advanced Pricing.
3. Enter the Special Price you want customers to see during the sale period.
4. Set up the Special Price From and To date to define the time when the special price will be valid.
Once you finish, don't forget to save the product and check if the special price works on the storefront.
Magento 2 Configurable Product Special Price
1. Go to Catalog > Products and filter products by Name and Type (simple product) to get all variations of the configurable product.
2. Select All or certain products you want to apply a special price to and choose the Update Attributes option from the mass actions.
3. Scroll down to the corresponding attribute and set the Special Price and Special Price From/To Date.
Once you finish, save the changes and check them on the storefront. They should appear on product listing, catalog and configurable product selected options.
Special price always drives attention and encourages a purchase regardless of the product type, customer group, or base price.
However, you can go even further and set up catalog price rules that is based on certain conditions to provide personalized discounts and offers.