Low stock in Magento 2 can sometimes be the reason for losing your potential customers.
It is very important to check the product stock statuses to be aware of the amounts of them left.
However, you can't constantly go from page to page or reload the product grid to check the quantity. That is what Magento 2 low stock email notifications are for.
So, in this article, you will learn how to enable low stock email notifications in Magento 2 with Magento 2 Admin Email Notifications extension.
Follow these steps to enable Low Stock Notification in Magento 2:
1. Go to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Admin Notifications > Admin Email Notifications > Low Stock Notification.
2. Enable low stock notification and set the Notification Time.
3. To set Notify for Quantity Below go to Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options > Notify for Quantity Below. Set the number of products below which low stock email notification should be sent.
4. Enable the Use MSI option if you use Multi Source Inventory.
5. Choose whether to Enable CSV File Attachment.
6. Select the Email Sender, Template, and Recipients (comma-separated).
Don't forget to Save the configuration once you finish.
If you want to enable the low stock notification globally, setting a corresponding option is enough (Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options > Notify for Quantity Below).
However, to enable low stock notification in Magento for specific products, you have to set the Notify for Quantity Below for a specific product. For that go to the product you want to configure low stock email notification for and find it within the advanced Inventory settings.
In case you manage MSI, go to Assign Sources on the product page and set the Notify Qty for each Source.
With Magento 2 Admin Email Notification extension you will now receive the low stock email notifications directly to your email inbox.
Low stock notification is not the only notification you can configure with this extension. Check out how to configure the New Review Notifications in Magento 2.