Reviews are a great way to learn more about your customers or their preferences and product tendencies on your Magento 2 store. So, it is always a good idea to keep track of your reviews and engage in a dialogue with your customers.
For this, you need a new review notification set up on your Magento 2 store. Unless you want to make checking the reviews page a routine.
Although there are no review notifications in Magento 2 by default, you can always use Magento 2 Admin Email Notifications by Magefan for your greatest convenience.
It allows you to configure new review notifications in your Magento 2 store in 2 ways:
- Admin Notification
- Email Notification
Let's learn more about both of them.
Follow these steps to configure new review notifications in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Admin Notifications > Admin Panel Notifications.
2. Enable New Reviews Notification option so you will receive notifications about new reviews to your admin panel.
This is what review notification looks like in your admin panel:
But what about the time when you're logged out of your admin?
You can't always be online and track new reviews.
In this case, you can configure the reviews email notifications.
3. Find the Admin Email Notification section in the extension configurations and go to New Reviews Notification.
4. Enable notification.
5. Set the Notification Time for the new review email to be sent to the assigned email recipients.
6. Enable CSV File Attachment to receive a detailed report about new reviews on your website.
7. Select the Email Sender, Template and Recipients.
Note: you can add different email templates for new review email notification. Learn more about how to create and customize email templates in Magento 2.
Once you finish, don't forget to Save the configuration.
It sends you an email or displays a notification in the admin panel, so you can be aware of the changes without monitoring them all of the time. Check out the extension now to learn more!