By managing your stock effectively you ensure your customers won't have to wait for any products or sign up for back in stock notification. There is no need to lose customers or sales because of the low stock. So you must keep track of product availability to restock in time.
Magento allows you to manage this and track products will low stock in reports (Reports > Products > Low Stock).
Unfortunately, Magento doesn't send any notifications or emails to the admin. You still have to access the reports regularly to make sure you haven't run out of any items.
So, today we'll help you optimize the process and enable low stock email notifications with Magento 2 Admin Email Notifications.
To set up Magento Notify for Quantity Below notification:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options > Notify for Quantity Below and set the threshold for the low stock notification. It is a global value so the notifications will be triggered if the quantity of any product runs below a specified number.
If you want to enable Notify for Quantity Below notification for certain products, go to the product page and find the corresponding option within Advanced Inventory options.
In case you manage Magento MSI, click on Assign Sources and specify the Notify Qty per each source.
2. Fill out the Low Stock Notification settings.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Admin Notifications > Admin Email Notifications > Low Stock Notification.
- Enable the notification and specify the Notification Time.
- Notify for Quantity Below will be used according to the settings you've configured before.
- Enable the Use MSI option in case you use Multi Source Inventory.
- Choose whether to Enable CSV File Attachment.
- Specify the Email Sender, Template, and Recipients.
Don't forget to Save the configuration and test the low stock notification.
You don't have to lose potential customers just because some items are missing, especially best sellers or sales products. Use Admin Email Notification Extension to get notifications about low stock directly to your email box and stop tracking it manually.