There are some situations when an agent needs to create a new order using Magento 2 Admin panel. In order to create an order via Magento 2 Backoffice:
1. Go to Admin Panel > Sales > Orders and press the Create New Order button.
2. Choose the customer you want to create the order for. You can select an existing one as well as create a new one by pressing the Create New Customer button.
3. Once you've selected a customer you need to choose which store view you want the order to be created on.
4. Adding a New Products to the Order
There are several ways you can add a product to the order. The first one is to find the product by pressing the Add Products button.
Then you have to choose products, set what quantity of them you'd like to add to the order and press the Add Selected Product(s) to Order button. After that, you'll be able to see all of the ordered items. In case you want to delete some products there are 2 possible actions: Remove and Move to Shopping Cart.
The second way is concluded in the left sidebar where you can see all products added to the customer's shopping cart, wishlist, comparison list, last ordered products and recently viewed products. In case you want to add some products from the previously mentioned sections to the order, just put the checkmark near it and press the Update Changes button to see them join the Ordered Items.
5. Set Discounts If Needed
When you add products to the order Cart Price Rules are activated to all of them.
- If you in some case don't want it to be activated you need to take the checkmark off from Apply checkbox and press the Update Items and Quantities button.
- If you want to apply the coupon code to the order you need to set it in the Apply Coupon Code field and press on the arrow. We notify you that Coupon Code can be applied only to the products marked with a checkmark Apply in the Discount column.
- If you want to set the Custom Price, just put the checkmark "Custom Price" near the corresponding product in the Price column, enter your price and press the Update Items and Quantities button.
6. Enter Customer Account Information
- Set the customer group in the Group select box. It can be changed later on.
- Enter the Email.
7. Enter Customer Address Information
Fill in all of the fields and choose whether to save it in the customer address book or not.
8. Enter Payment & Shipping Information
Choose the payment and shipping methods. In case there are none follow the available link.
9. Check the Order Totals
- Add the Comment to the order if needed.
- Put the checkmark if you want this comment to be seen by the customers (Append Comments) and whether to send it to the customer email (Email Order Confirmation).
10. Submit Order
- Once you are ready to press the Submit Order button to place the order.