Store View is the variation of your store in different languages. Every Magento 2 store initially has a default store view. You create other store views in order to support different languages in your store as well as for other purposes.
In order to create a new Magento 2 store view follow the steps:
1. Go to Stores > Settings > All stores and press the Create Store View button.
2. Fill in the Store View Information.
- Choose the Store the newly created store view will be assigned to.
- Give the Magento store view a Name and a Code.
- Enable or disable the store view.
- Set the Sort Order of the store view. It defines the store view position in a list of Magento store views.
3. Don't forget to press the Save Store View button after you've entered all the information.
Once you've created a store view you will be notified about its successful creation and see it appear on the list of current Magento store views.
4. Do the Magento reindex, run the CLI command:
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
That is how newly created store view will be displayed on the storefront.
New Store View Creation is just one of the series of articles about How to Create Multi-Language Website in Magento 2? which include information about the language packs installation, useful multi-language store extensions, product&category, CMS pages&blocks, email templates, and other translations in Magento 2 website. You should definitely get acquainted with them in order to know how to manage a multilanguage store.