Magento by default allows you to add multiple currencies to your store and display them in the header. However, it is much better if you configure auto currency switcher and display prices in customers' local currency automatically.
Magento 2 Auto Currency Switcher Extension serves this purpose perfectly. So, in this article, you will learn how to configure it in your Magento 2 store.
To configure Magento 2 Auto Currency Switcher:
1. Go to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Auto Currency Switcher.
2. Enable Extension.
3. Choose if you want the prices to be rounded after the conversion of the currency in the Round Prices select box.
4. Choose if you want to Round Base Currency Prices.
5. You can select the algorithm to round prices in the Round Algorithm field.
Here are some examples of the round algorithms:
-Round (14.3 -> 14.00, 14.5 -> 15.00)
- Ceil (14.3 -> 15.00, 14.5 -> 15.00)
- Round 10 (12.3 -> 10.00, 17.5 -> 20.00)
- Ceil 10 (12.3 -> 15.00, 17.5 -> 20.00)
- Round .99 (14.3 -> 13.99, 14.5 -> 14.99)
- Ceil .99 (14.3 -> 14.99, 14.5 -> 14.99)
- Round .95 (14.3 -> 13.95, 14.5 -> 14.95)
- Ceil .95 (14.3 -> 14.95, 14.5 -> 14.95)
- Floor (2.31 - > 2, 2.55 -> 3)
6. Set the User Agents (bots) this module will be disabled for, so they are not redirected when scanning your website.
7. Configure Display Currency by Country.
In this section, you choose which currency to display by default in a particular country.
Just select a region and country you are interested in and choose any currency from the list.
Check out the Magento 2 multi currency configuration guide to learn more.
To see how it works in real-time check out this short video:
Except for the general Auto Currency Switcher configurations you have to make sure customers' location is detected properly. For that, you have to go to the GeoIP Database tab.
Once there, set the MaxMind Lisence Key if you want to update the MaxMind GeoIP database directly from MaxMind and Enable Cloudflare IP Geolocation if you use Cloudflare.
Don't forget to press the Save Config button and test Magento Auto Currency Switcher to make sure everything is configured correctly.