When it comes to the management of content blocks in Magento, one is always overwhelmed, especially when the holiday season is around the corner. If you want to display different CMS blocks based on a day, time of the day, or any other conditions, it will require a lot of manual work. It is not only ineffective but time-consuming and error-prone.
Not to get intimidated by the number of CMS blocks you have and display them all in time you need to schedule the display of the blocks. You can easily achieve this with the CMS display rules.
To schedule CMS blocks in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Content > Blocks and press the Add New Block button to start scheduling CMS blocks in Magento.
Note: If you have CMS blocks you'd like to schedule already created, move on to step #4.
2. Enable the block and fill out general block information like Title, Identifier, and Store View it will be displayed on.
3. Fill in the block Content, either in the page builder or WYSIWYG editor.
4. Jump to the Display Rules section and specify the Date From and Date To in order to define a period for the display of a CMS block. Once that period expires the block will be automatically disabled.
5. Set the Days Of The Week when a CMS block should be enabled.
6. Set Time From and Time To to limit the display of a block during the day.
7. Press Save and you've scheduled the CMS block in Magento. But note that you also have to create a widget to display the CMS block on a storefront.
Scheduling CMS blocks in Magento helps to optimize content management and allows you to automate your sales campaigns. Set up multiple CMS display blocks to be displayed one after another to save time and eliminate manual work.