Magento sales emails are inevitable elements of successful store-customer communication. They help you provide information about customers' orders, shipments, etc., to maintain a better customer experience and increase loyalty.
Magento allows you to configure all transactional emails from the admin panel and even customize email templates.
Nothing complicated here. In this article, we'll go through everything you need to know to configure sales emails in Magento 2.
How to Configure Sales Emails in Magento 2?
1. Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Sales Emails.
The others include Invoice, Invoice Comments, Shipment, Shipment Comments, Credit Memo, Credit Memo Comments, andOrder Ready For Pickup in Store. All of them have the same type of information you have to complete.
2. Fill in General Settings.
EnableAsynchronous sending if you want to send sales emails at regular intervals or disable it if your sales emails will be sent when triggered by some event.
3. Move on to the Magento sales email settings.
As we mentioned before, the information you have to set up is pretty much the same in all emails. So, we'll use the Invoice as an example.
- Enable invoice email.
- Set the Invoice Email Sender to specify what email address will be displayed in emails.
- Choose the Invoice Email Template.
- In the Invoice Email Template for Guest field, choose the email template that will be sent to unregistered customers.
- Add email addresses to which the Invoice Email Copy will be sent. Don't forget to use commas to separate the emails you add.
- In the Send Invoice Email Copy Method field, select either BCC or Separate Email method to send email copies.
Don't forget to Save Config once you finish.
Using this example, you can set up all the other sales emails, because, once again, the fields you have to fill in are all identical.
Be sure that after configuring sales emails you won't have to worry about your customers being timely updated about their orders.
But this works both ways.
You also have to be notified about important events in your store to ensure a better customer experience. Have a look at our Magento 2 Admin Email Notifications Extension that sends crucial store-related notifications right to your email box.