As a store admin, you probably know how time-consuming it is to import products with their images to Magento 2 one by one especially if your store operates hundreds of items.
So, perhaps you are looking for easier ways to fulfill this task. Today, we'll cover how to import all products with images in Magento 2 using a local server and an external server.
Import Product Images in Magento from the Local Server
One of the possible ways to import product images in Magento is through the local server. For that:
1. Go to the Magento server and upload your image files to the default folder pub/media/import. You can select any other folder, just make sure to use the correct path while uploading product images to Magento.
2. In the CSV file add the name of each image file by SKU in the appropriate row and in the corresponding column depending on the image type (base_image, thumbnail_image, small_image, additional_image, etc.).
Note: if you want to add multiple images to one and the same SKU, then leave a blank row below SKU and fill in the image file names to the corresponding columns.
3. In the Magento Admin panel, go to System > Data Transfer > Import > File to Import.
4. Fulfil the instructions on product image import and move to the Images File Directory.
5. In the Images File Directory field, add the path to the folder you uploaded your images to and continue importing products.
Import Product Images in Magento 2 from the External Server
You can also use the external server to import the product images in Magento. For that, you have to take the following steps:
1. Upload your product images to the selected folder on the external server.
2. In the CSV file complete the full URL for each image in the correct column depending on the image type (base_image, thumbnail_image, small_image, additional_image, etc.). For example, http://file1.com/images/image.jpg
3. Upload images to Magento using steps 3, 4, and 5 from the previous example.
Note: if you get an error and cannot import images to Magento 2, check the path you added to the images File Directory field and make sure it is correct.
Now you know how to import all products with images in Magento 2. We explored 2 ways to help you reduce the workloads and optimize overall Magento management.