Image Optimization is one of the very first steps to page speed improvement since a lot of unoptimized pictures can make your website load longer. Magento 2 WebP Images allow you to improve your website loading speed converting old PNG and JPG images into a modern WebP file format. Watch this short video to learn how WebP images are loaded on your Magento 2 store.
Our Images are large and really slow our site down, once we added the webp plugin, it made our pages load so much quicker! Plus their support is top notch, they got everything working and even went above and beyond with the details!
WebP Next Generation Optimized Images
The usage of an outdated .png and .jpg image file formats developed a long time ago now can be crucial for a lot of websites. Images in this format are usually quite big which has an influence on website performance. This is especially critical on devices with a slow internet connection. That is why Google has developed and released WebP image format.
WebP image is the next-generation file format that allows you to significantly reduce image size and save its quality at the same time.
Improved Website Performance
Images are the biggest part of data on your store so that having a lot of them slows down your website loading speed. In a digital world with such a big amount of resources available on the web, no one is willing to take any extra seconds for the website to load.
Magento 2 WebP Images module enables you to optimize images and automatically convert them to WebP format reducing their size with a slight image quality change and correspondingly improve your website performance.
Better SEO Ranking
Due to Google’s algorithm constantly changing in order to deliver the best results to its users it is really hard to define which things are really relevant when it comes to Google rankings. However, one of the most important factors for Google currently is website performance.
With the Magento WebP images extension, you can significantly improve your website loading speed. And since Google positions hugely depend on load speed you can boost customer experience providing them with high-quality Webp images fast.
Up to 50% File Size Reducing
Some time ago image size reduction inevitably led to the distortion of image quality. Now it is hard to differentiate between images before and after the conversion.
Magento 2 WebP Image extension allows you to choose different quality levels to convert images to WebP. It could vary from 90% to 50% which makes you define the quality of the WebP file format and correspondingly your WebP SEO and website load speed.
Automatic WebP Conversion
How many images do you have on your website 100,1000,10000? And you constantly continue to add new ones. No worries. All you have to do is to configure the Magento 2 WebP extension one single time choosing the quality level of the WebP files on your website.
WebP Optimized Images module will convert all current and future images to WebP file format automatically. Just install, enable, configure and benefit from the better-improved website speed in the expense of highly optimized WebP images!
Magento 2 WebP Images extension works for regular pages as well as AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). Now you can convert images to WebP on any page of your Magento 2 store. So, just imagine what a great experience your customers are going to get: fast loading website with the mobile-optimized pages. Bingo!
As a standard WebP image file format is accepted by a lot of browsers that already benefit from the faster loading. However, there are browsers that haven’t integrated WebP image optimization yet (e.g. old versions of Safari and Internet Explorer).
So, in case your website is visited by users from some of those old browsers they will be shown original .jpg /.png images, so customers will see no broken images. Magento WebP extension also works great with page cache and varnish.
REST API and GraphQL Compatibility
You can also benefit from the WebP Images extension if you have a mobile app or want to start your way with the PWA. It works well with the GraphQL and REST API so your images will be converted to WebP even on your external software. This way you can ensure your application users and PWA website visitors will see quality images with no delay.
Once installed there will be no additional costs or fees you would have to pay for big numbers of images etc. There are no limitations with Magento 2 WebP Images extension as well as there is no need to rely on some 3rd party platforms or services.
Convert images to WebP and join the community of the high quality and fast performing websites that already benefit from the Magento 2 WebP extension.
Does this module work with page cache and varnish?
- Yes, Magento 2 WebP Images Extension works well with page cache and varnish.
What happens when a page is visited by the user from the Chrome browser which is WebP friendly and then from Safari which is not yet integrated with WebP? Does the user from Safari see a broken image?
- No, he does not. We use the <picture>
Can I change the image quality and size settings once they are already set?
- Yes. You can change the quality of the compressed images at any time setting new quality %. However, you need to press the Clean WebP Cache button to delete all previously generated WebP files so that the new setting is enabled.
Do I need to connect to any external services to be able to use your WebP extension?
- No, you don't need to connect the extension to any external services.
Does the module require root access to my server?
- No, it doesn't need root access to your server.
Does it work well with transparent PNG?
- Yes, our extension supports transparent PNG, so once PNG converted to the WebP it will retain the transparent background.
Can I install your Magento 2 WebP Images module via the composer?
- Yes, you can. All our modules can be installed via the composer. Once you purchase the extension, you receive keys to the private Megafan composer repository and find the composer installation commands available in the "My Downloads" section.
If I install it would it allow devices that do not support WebP like Apple devices to display the old images?
- Yes, on the devices that do not support WebP original jpg, png, gif images will be displayed.
Can it convert images from jpg,png and put them into a static folder instead of putting them into cache folders like other modules do?
- Our WebP Images Module creates a separate folder for WebP Images and stores them there.
Can the WebP Images Extension run through folders in the media directory and convert all images in it?
- Yes, there is the manual conversion option where you define which folder you want images to be converted from.
Does this module replace the image path in the DB?
- No, the extension doesn't replace the image path in the DB.
Will the extension convert images when somebody uploads them or there is a cron that searches all new images and converts them?
- There are 4 conversion modes available in the Magento 2 WebP Images Extension. There are both manual and automatic conversion. You can find more about it in the extension documentation.
Does your WebP Images Extension work well with the CDN setup?
- Yes, it works fine with the CDN setup.
Does this extension require template changes in order to work with the theme?
- No, the extension doesn't require any template changes to work with your theme.
Does Magento 2 WebP Images Extension work with Fastly and Magento Cloud?
- Yes, Magento 2 WebP Images Extension works well with Fastly and Magento Cloud.
- magento 2 webp
- webp magento 2
- magento 2 webp images
- magento 2 webp extension
- magento2 webp
- magento webp
- webp magento
- magento webp images
- webp css background
- webp image extensions
- magento image extension
- webp image extensions download
- image extension converter
- jpg to webp converter
- webp extension
- magento 2 optimize images
- magento 2 performance optimization extension
- how to optimize images in magento