Does this module work with page cache and varnish? What happens when a page is visited by the user from the Chrome browser which is WebP friendly and then from Safari which is not yet integrated with WebP? Does the user from Safari see a broken image?
- No, he does not. We use the <picture>
Can I change the image quality and size settings once they are already set?
- Yes. You can change the quality of the compressed images at any time setting new quality %. However, you need to press the Clean WebP Cache button to delete all previously generated WebP files so that the new setting is enabled.
Do I need to connect to any external services to be able to use your WebP extension?
- No, you don't need to connect the extension to any external services.
Does the module require root access to my server?
- No, it doesn't need root access to your server.
Does it work well with transparent PNG?
- Yes, our extension supports transparent PNG, so once PNG converted to the WebP it will retain the transparent background.
Can I install your Magento 2 WebP Images module via the composer?
- Yes, you can. All our modules can be installed via the composer. Once you purchase the extension you receive keys to the private Megafan composer repository and find the composer installation commands available in the "My Downloads" section.
If I install it would it allow devices that do not support WebP like Apple devices to display the old images?
- Yes, on the devices that do not support WebP original jpg, png, gif images will be displayed.