Does this module work with page cache and varnish?
- Yes, Magento 2 WebP Images Extension works well with page cache and varnish.
What happens when a page is visited by the user from the Chrome browser which is WebP friendly and then from Safari which is not yet integrated with WebP? Does the user from Safari see a broken image?
- No, he does not. We use the <picture>
Can I change the image quality and size settings once they are already set?
- Yes. You can change the quality of the compressed images at any time setting new quality %. However, you need to press the Clean WebP Cache button to delete all previously generated WebP files so that the new setting is enabled.
Do I need to connect to any external services to be able to use your WebP extension?
- No, you don't need to connect the extension to any external services.
Does the module require root access to my server?
- No, it doesn't need root access to your server.
Does it work well with transparent PNG?
- Yes, our extension supports transparent PNG, so once PNG converted to the WebP it will retain the transparent background.
Can I install your Magento 2 WebP Images module via the composer?
- Yes, you can. All our modules can be installed via the composer. Once you purchase the extension, you receive keys to the private Magefan composer repository and find the composer installation commands available in the "My Downloads" section.
If I install it would it allow devices that do not support WebP like Apple devices to display the old images?
- Yes, on the devices that do not support WebP original jpg, png, gif images will be displayed.
Can it convert images from jpg,png and put them into a static folder instead of putting them into cache folders like other modules do?
- Our WebP Images Module creates a separate folder for WebP Images and stores them there.
Can the WebP Images Extension run through folders in the media directory and convert all images in it?
- Yes, there is the manual conversion option where you define which folder you want images to be converted from.
Does this module replace the image path in the DB?
- No, the extension doesn't replace the image path in the DB.
Will the extension convert images when somebody uploads them or there is a cron that searches all new images and converts them?
- There are 4 conversion modes available in the Magento 2 WebP Images Extension. There are both manual and automatic conversion. You can find more about it in the extension documentation.
Does your WebP Images Extension work well with the CDN setup?
- Yes, it works fine with the CDN setup.
Does this extension require template changes in order to work with the theme?
- No, the extension doesn't require any template changes to work with your theme.
Does Magento 2 WebP Images Extension work with Fastly and Magento Cloud?
- Yes, Magento 2 WebP Images Extension works well with Fastly and Magento Cloud.
Is getting WebP images for PWA the same as getting the standard product info interface?
- Yes, it is the same as getting the standard product info interface.