At a time online shopping is at the peak of popularity, a free shipping offer is one of the best ways to reduce shopping cart abandonment, encourage customers to buy more, and increase sales.
A lot of Magento 2 stores actively use this marketing technique as one of the greatest ways to attract customers. Free shipping may be applied to a certain kind of product, total items, or a particular group of items.
In this article, you are going to learn how to set up and configure free shipping method in Magento 2.
Follow these steps to configure free shipping in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods and find the Free shipping section.
2. Configure Free Shipping.
- Enable or disable the shipping method.
- Set the method Title and Name.
- Choose the Minimum Order Amount of the customer purchase for the free shipping method to be applied.
- Enter the Displayed Error Message that will be displayed to a customer in case he tries to use the free shipping method under the conditions that don't apply for this method.
- In the Ship to Applicable Countries, select box choose whether you want to offer the Free shipping method to All Allowed Countries or to Specific Countries.
- If you choose to Ship to Specific Countries, select them.
- Disable or enable the Show Method if Not Applicable option to show or hide this shipping method according to some specific conditions.
- Give the free shipping method a Sort Order which defines where it will be displayed in the list of shipping methods.
Once you finish, don't forget to Save Config.
Note: remember that when you create a free shipping offer — you have to create cart price rules according to the conditions the free shipping is applied under.
How to Promote Free Shipping in Magento 2?
In order to display your customers a free shipping offer, you can use the Magento 2 CMS Display Rule extension that allows you to manage marketing campaigns easier and more conveniently.
All you need to do is to create the CMS Display Rule, set the time, customer group, and conditions you want the Free Shipping block to be displayed under.
Run promotional campaigns, create special offers, encourage your customers to buy more. Check out the CMS Display Rule Extension!