Rich snippets structured data is a small piece of code that drives traffic to your website and increases the click through rates. It is important for Magento stores since it generates more targeted traffic and increases revenue correspondingly.
To add rich snippets to Magento pages, you have to go through a lot of templates and code editing which is not an option for non-developers.
Once you install the extension, navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magento 2 Extensions > Rich Snippets and you're good to start.
To add rich snippets to Magento 2 pages:
1. Configure Product Rich Snippet
- Select the Description Attribute.
- Choose whether you want to display Price including or excluding tax.
- Set the Brand Attribute and select the SKU Attribute.
- Specify the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN).
- Choose whether to Include Reviews and set the Number of Reviews to display.
Note: 10 reviews are set by default. You can increase his number if you need, but please note that a big number of reviews will make the page longer and influence the performance correspondingly.
- Select if you want to Include Category and specify Custom Attributes if you like.
2. Set up Organization Rich Snippet
- Enter your company Description which should be at least 50 characters long.
- Specify the Social Links of your company.
- Enter a Fax and set the Price Range.
- Upload the Image or logo of your brand.
3. Enable Breadcrumbs Snippet
It will help to display the hierarchy of the website pages in search results, so customers understand it better.
4. Enable the Sitelinks Search Box Snippet
Search box snippet allows your customers to search through your website directly from search results.
Note: the search box snippet display depends on a variety of website characteristics. It is defined according to Google documentation.
Once you add rich snippets to Magento 2 pages your website should be more attention-grabbing than other search results.
Which result would you rather click?
Rich snippets provide searchers with all the information about the product price, reviews, availability, etc right there, in search results. So it is easier for them to define which product is more suitable for their needs.
Besides, rich snippets provide more information about your page not only to customers but to search engines as well. They make it easier for search engines to index and rank your website. It allows you to improve Magento SEO and your store authority.