When your sitemaps aren't generated or catalogue price rules aren't updated, the first thing to check is cron jobs. Since they run in the background you notice something's off only when certain tasks aren't performed automatically.
Sometimes you discover cron issues too late to avoid the damage. So it's important to be aware of the cron jobs processes and fix them timely.
That's what we'll cover in this guide. You'll learn how to set up failed and missed cron job notifications with the Magento 2 Cron Schedule Extension.
To enable missed cron job notifications in Magento:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Cron Schedule and find the Email Notifications section.
2. Enable Email Notifications about missed cron jobs or tasks that failed.
3. Choose whether to Report Missed Tasks. If set to No, you'll receive notifications only about the failed cron task.
4. Specify the Template, Sender and Receipinets (coma-separated) for the cron job notifications.
5. Set the Schedule of the notifications.
Don't forget to Save the settings and start receiving notifications about missed or failed cron tasks if there are any.
However, while you're still in the admin panel, you can also view failed and missed cron tasks in System > Cron > Schedule Log.
Once you find a corresponding cron task, you can try to execute it manually right from the admin.