One of the Magento 2 features is Customer Group Price (Tired Price). It allows you to set different prices of products in accordance with their quantity as well as depending on the customer group.
e.g. define lower prices for wholesale customers who purchase 10 and more quantities of the same product.
In order to configure Customer Group Price (Tier Price) in Magento 2, you have to configure them on every product separately.
How to set Customer Group Price (Tier Price) in Magento 2?
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and select a product you want to define the group prices for.
3. Under the Price input click on the Advanced Pricing link.
4. Manually specify a Price and Quantity for different Customer Groups.
It is not very convenient, especially in case you need to change prices on a huge amount of products. However, this manual process can take hours. So, we recommend you to automize the Magento 2 Customer Group Price applying.
How to automate Magento 2 Customer Group Price?
This article is a success story of one of our clients whom we helpt to automate applying Customer Group Prices on his Magento 2 store. We've created the Tired Price Rules which can be found in Admin panel > Marketing > Tier Price Rules.
On Tier Price Rules page there is a grid with rules similar to what you can see in catalog price rules or in shopping cart price rules. Admin users can manage rules, add a new one, enable/disable them or remove.
On rule edit page admin user can:
1. Enable or Disable the rule that has been chosen.
2. Enter the Rule Title.
3. Set the Priority of the rule.
4. Set Group Discount in percent which will be generated from the product customer group price taking into account special price if there is one.
5. The last thing a manager has to do is to set conditions defining which products the rule will be enabled to.
These rules allow automizing your store managing process, save time, and make you focus on other important tasks.