Reasonable pricing is one of the milestones of a successful store. Not only does it improve your revenue, but encourages customers to buy more from you. You can set up special price, configure cart price rules or offers discounts for the entire catalogue.
However, today we want to talk more about Magento 2 customer group pricing. It allows you to set different product prices in accordance with their quantity and customer group. Yet, if you haven't had a chance to use this feature in your store, it's time to learn how to do it properly.
In this article, you'll learn more about Magento 2 tier pricing and how to apply it to the items you offer.
Shall we start?
Post Contents [hide]
What is Magento 2 Customer Group Pricing?
Magento 2 Customer Group Pricing is the Magento feature that makes it possible to set discounts based on the customer group and product quantity.
In other words, it defines lower prices for different customer groups who purchase let's say 5, 8, 10 or more of the same product at once. The specifics depend on your configuration.
Magento tier prices have to be set up for each product separately. Once done, your customers will see a corresponding offer on the storefront prompting them to buy more and get a discount.
This sounds quite promising, doesn't it? So jump to the next sections and learn how to configure Magento 2 group pricing.
How to Set Up Magento 2 Tier Pricing?
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and select a product you want to define the customer group prices for.
3. Under the Price input click on the Advanced Pricing link.
4. In the Customer Group Price field, manually specify a Website, Price and Quantity for different Customer Groups.
5. Press the Done button and don't forget to Save your product.
This is all you need to do to set the Magento tier price for an item. It is not very convenient though, especially when you need to change prices on a huge amount of products. This manual input can take hours. As a solution, we suggest automating this process. Move to the section below to find out how.
How to Automate Magento 2 Customer Group Price?
By default, Magento 2 doesn't allow to automate the customer group pricing. So we'd like to present a success story of one of our clients whom we helped to automate applying Magento Customer Group Prices.
To achieve that, we created the Tier Price Rules which can be found in Marketing > Tier Price Rules.
On the rule edit page, the admin user can:
1. Enable or Disable the rule.
2. Enter the Rule Title.
3. Set the Priority of the rule.
4. Set Group Discount in percentages which will be generated from the product customer group price, taking into account special price if there is one.
5. Set conditions defining which products the Magento 2 customer group pricing rule will be enabled for.
These rules allow you to automate the process. It's much easier to apply tier prices for a bunch of products at once rather than do it per each one individually.
Yet, this is not the only thing you can do to enhance your sales. Except for the Magento 2 customer group pricing, you can manage other discounts in your Magento store. This way you'll be able to keep sales up to your needs and stay competitive.
- What is the tier price in Magento 2?
Magento tier price is the Magento 2 feature that allows setting discounts based on the quantity of the item or customer group.
- How do you set tier prices in Magento 2?
Go to Catalog > Products, choose the item you'd like to create a tier price for and press the Advanced Pricing link. Set up all options in the Customer Group Price field and save the product.