We can refer to the Terms and Conditions as to the special kind of agreement between a store and a customer. Customers have to agree to follow all the guidelines and rules of using your website prior to purchasing your products or services. It's a great way to avoid any kind of misunderstanding and improve client loyalty.
That's why it is important to make the terms and conditions checkbox available during Magento checkout. So, in this article, you'll learn how to do that.
Post Contents [hide]
How to Add Terms and Conditions Checkbox in Magento 2?
First of all, to add the terms and conditions checkbox in Magento 2, you have to create terms and conditions and only then proceed with adding the checkbox. Let's explore each step in more detail.
1. Create Terms and Conditions
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Terms and Conditions and press the Add New Condition button.
- Set the Condition Name.
- Enable terms and conditions by choosing a corresponding option in the Status field.
- Select if you want to Show Content as Text or HTML.
- Choose the way terms and conditions have to be Applied: either Manually or Automatically.
- Specify the Store View, you would like to display the terms and conditions checkbox for.
- Enter the Checkbox Text that will be visible near the checkbox on checkout.
- Fill in the Content of your terms and conditions that will be shown to your customers.
- Set the Content Height (CSS) field. However, since it's optional, you can leave this field empty.
- Press the Save Condition button.
2. Add Terms and Conditions Checkbox to Checkout
The terms and conditions checkbox is just one of the Magento checkout options. But nevertheless, to configure it follow these steps:
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Checkout > Checkout Options.
- Set the Enable Terms and Conditions field to Yes.
- Don't forget to press the Save Config button.
Once the configuration is finished, the Terms and Conditions checkbox will appear on the checkout page.
After pressing the checkbox text link ("I Agree with the Terms and Conditions" in our case), your customers will see the content of the terms and conditions. Here is one way to display it.
Your customers have to be fully aware of the conditions under which they can use your products. So, configured once, Magento terms and conditions will not only improve general store policy but serve as a great contribution to the store-customer relations.