Once customers land on the Magento checkout page, they expect to go through the order placement process fast and easily. So, it is your job to take care of the Magento checkout options that define the attributes of the checkout page and the layout.
Magento checkout page configurations are relatively simple, as you will see.
To configure Magento checkout options:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Checkout > Checkout Options.
2. Enable Onepage Checkout as a default format.
3. Allow or disallow Guest Checkout to define whether customers will be able to go through the checkout without registration.
Note: if you like, you can still convert guest orders to customers after checkout for marketing purposes.
4. Enable Terms and Conditions.
5. Decide where to Display Billing Addresses.
6. Set the Maximum Number of Items to Display in Order Summary.
Don't forget to Save Config and go to the checkout page to check the options you've just configured.
Though default Magento checkout functional is enough to satisfy customers' needs, it is not just that. To stand the competition, you have to provide Better Magento 2 Checkout for your customers.