Magento 2 is a very flexible eCommerce platform that provides multiple advantages for your business. It's hard to underestimate the importance of increasing your website traffic and making it more customer friendly. Magento suggests a great way to do so by using the Email Refer to a Friend function.
But what is it and how can you configure it? In this article, we'll cover all these questions and clear up all tricky moments.
Post Contents [hide]
What is Email Refer a Friend in Magento 2?
Email Refer a Friend is a Magento 2 feature that allows customers to share a link to a specific product with their friends. It is an effective marketing strategy, that helps to evoke interest in the items you sell and in your store in general.
The Email Refer a Friend link appears on the product page together with the envelope icon. After pressing it customers are redirected to the Email to a Friend page, where they can share a link to a selected product.
Now, let's find out how to set up Email Refer a Friend in Magento 2.
How to Set up Email Refer a Friend in Magento 2?
1. Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Catalog > Email to a Friend and Enable the feature.
2. Complete the following fields:
- Select the Email Template to be sent while sharing the product link.
- Choose whether you want this function to be available for unregistered customers in the Allow for Guest field.
- Set the number of Maximum Recipients of the following email.
- Specify the number of Maximum Products Sent in 1 Hour.
- Choose if you want to Limit Sending by IP Address or by Cookie.
3. Press the Save Config button.
And there you go! These are all the steps you have to take to set up Email Refer a Friend in Magento.
Now we can go on and test how the Email Refer a Friend functionality works.
How to Send Email Refer a Friend in Magento?
To send the Email Refer a Friend, go to the product page of the item you want to share and press on the envelope icon.
Then you'll be redirected to the Email to a Friend page, where you have to fill in the required information:
- Add the sender's Name and Email.
- Complete the Message that will be displayed in your email.
- Fill in the invitee's Name and Email.
- Press the Add Invitee button, if you want to send this email to multiple people at the same time.
- Press the Send Email button.
As you can see, setting up and sending Refer a Friend emails is super easy. You just have to use this feature to engage new customers and promote your store. Configure it once and you won't regret it!