If you are a store owner, you probably know that it is not easy to manage orders in Magento 2, increase profit margin and retain moderate prices at the same time. What is more, you definitely want to stay ahead of your competitors, develop your business and increase sales.
You can achieve that with the help of Magento 2 minimum order amount. Basically, this feature disables checkout if the subtotal is lower than the set order amount. It's a great approach to increasing sales and keeping them up to your requirements.
Besides, this feature allows you to increase the average order value. And in this guide, you'll learn how to set it up.
To configure Magento 2 minimum order amount:
1. Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Sales.
2. Fill in the information in the Minimum order Amount section.
- Enable the Magento 2 minimum order amount for the further configuration of this option.
- Fill in the Minimum Amount which defines the required subtotal after the discount's been applied.
- Set Include Discount Amount either to Yes (if you want to include the discounts to the subtotal) or No (if you don't want to include the discounts to the subtotal).
- Set Include Tax to the Amount to Yes (if you would like to have taxes included in the subtotal) or No (if you want to exclude them from the subtotal).
- Fill in the Description Message and Error to Show in the Shopping Cart fields.
These messages will be displayed if the subtotal is lower than the minimum order amount. If you leave these fields empty, the default messages will appear instead.
- Set Validate Each Address Separately in Multi-address Checkout to Yes if you want each address in the multi-address order to meet the minimum order amount.
- Add Multi-address Description Message and Multi-address Error to Show in Shopping Cart. These are optional fields, so you can go with the default messages just fine.
- Press the Save Config button.
And that's it, you have set up the minimum order amount in Magento 2.
This is what it looks like on the website storefront. Since the subtotal is lower than the minimum order amount, the Proceed to Checkout button is unavailable.
As you can see, it is not hard to set up the Magento minimum order amount. You only need a few minutes to cope with this task.