Magento pagination is a necessary element for better store navigation. You should definitely consider it to make browsing through the items you sell simpler, especially if you manage hundreds of products. Having pagination controls added on the top and at the bottom of the product listing page assists in this task greatly.
Furthermore, pagination controls help to optimize the speed of your website. The reason is the products aren't loaded all at once and there are fewer elements to process. So the loading time is reduced significantly.
In this article, you'll find out more details about Magento pagination controls and how to configure them.
Types of Pagination Controls
There are 4 types of Magento pagination controls. You can refer to the table below for more details.
|View As||Displays products either in the form of a list or a grid.|
|Sort By||Changes the sort order of the products. You define what attributes are filterable in the Storefront Properties section while configuring product attributes.|
|Show Per Page||Defines the number of products displayed on the page.|
|Pagination Links||Helps to navigate between pages.|
How to Configure Magento 2 Pagination?
1. Go to Content > Desing > Configuration.
2. Press the Edit link on the theme you want to configure and jump to the Pagination section.
3. Enter the number of links to be displayed in the Pagination Frame field.
4. Determine how many links have to be skipped to start displaying the next set of links in the Pagination Frame Skip field.
5. Fill out the Anchor Text for Previous or leave the field empty to apply the default arrow.
6. Add the Anchor Text for Next. To use the default arrow, don't enter anything in this field.
Finally, press the Save Configuration button and that's it.
You can set up Magento pagination controls with just a few clicks. At the same time, you should pay attention to the SEO settings to make sure your pagination URLs are SEO-friendly.