The recent blog posts widget in Magento 2 Blog allows you to promote your newest posts to your blog readers.
You can email new blog posts to your subscribers automatically, so whenever there is a new post, your blog readers receive it in their email box. However, it is also great to display them in plain view of your readers, regardless of the page they are on, in the sidebar.
So, in this article, you will learn how to configure the recent blog posts widget in the sidebar and find out where else you can display it on your Magento 2 store.
Take the following steps to configure Blog Recent Posts in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Blog > Sidebar and find Recent Posts Widget section.
2. Enable the widget.
3. Select the Template for the recent posts: System Settings and Modern.
Note: Modern template is available only for Blog Extra.
4. Choose whether to Display Post Image.
5. Set the Number of Posts you want to be displayed in the Recent Posts.
6. Set the Sort Order to manage the position of the widget on the Storefront. The higher the number, the lower it will be displayed on the Sidebar.
Once you finish, don't forget to Save Config and flush Magento 2 cache.
7. Check the blog Recent Posts out on the storefront.
Now every new blog post that you publish will be displayed in the sidebar recent posts widget automatically. If you want to define what blog posts are displayed in widget you can configure the featured blog posts.