Categories in Magento 2 Blog help you keep your blog organized and easy to navigate. Blog visitors can track down posts they are interested in faster if you group them into categories.
When you display blog categories in the sidebar, wherever people are: blog post, tag page, blog homepage, they will be able to navigate to different categories.
So, in this article you will learn how to configure the category tree in the sidebar.
To configure category tree widget in Magento 2 Blog:
1. Go to the Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Blog > Sidebar and find Categories Widget section.
2. Enable or the widget.
3. Enable the Display Number Of Posts, if you want the number of posts to be displayed near the category link (in brackets).
4. Maximum Depth defines the layers, number of categories and subcategories that will be displayed in the category tree.
e.g. if you set it to 2, except for the root category "Fashion" there will be shown "Fashion show" subcategory
5. Set the Sort Order to manage the position of the widget on the Storefront. The higher the number, the lower the category tree will be displayed on the Sidebar.
Once you finish don't forget to Save Config and flush Magento cache.
5. Check the blog Category Tree on the storefront.
Category tree widget in sidebar helps to navigate in blog categories. However, this is not the only widget you can display in sidebar.
Blog extension also allows you to add recent, featured, popular posts and much more.
Check this blog sidebar configuration guide to find out about the other sidebar widgets!