Magento 2.4.5. has been launched on August 2022 with over 290 quality enhancements and fixes. It features improvements in GraphQL, performance, quality and many other features.
So, today we'll focus on how you can download Magento 2.4.5 and some important features to highlight in this version.
Post Contents [hide]
Download Magento 2.4.5
|2.4.5-p1||March 2023||Download Magento 2.4.5-p2.zip|
|2.4.5-p1||October 2022||Download Magento 2.4.5-p1.zip|
|2.4.5||August 2022||Download Magento 2.4.5.zip|
Magento 2 Download using Composer
Alternatively, you can download Magento using the following composer commands. But note that this could take a while and requires a composer. Please make sure that you use the proper composer version, check Magento 2 System Requirements.
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition magento XXX
Replace XXX in the example with the Magento version you would like to install, for example:
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition magento 2.4.5-p2
Note: all our Magento 2 extensions are already compatible with the latest Magento versions.
Magento 2.4.5 Release Notes
There have been plenty of features added in this release, however, we'd like to highlight only the most important features worth your attention.
A lot of focus is on platform improvements in this release.
- Composer 2.2. support
- TincMCE 5.10.2 support
- Query 1.13.1 support
- DHL integration schema updated to v6.2
- Updated outdated JS libraries
- Removed outdated dependencies
Magento 2.4.5 includes 20 security fixes and platform security improvements.
- Google reCAPTCHA for Wish List Sharing, Gift Card forms and Create New Accounts
- Improved inventory templates security
- Added Access Control List resources to the inventory
- Updated MaliciousCode filter to use the HtmlPurifier library
Magento 2.4.5 is focused on more operable, perceivable and understandable Venia (PWA) frontend experience.
- Now screen readers get informed when a new pages view loads
- Screen readers get informed about search results summary information
- Improved contrast and keyboard accessibility
Not only did Magento developers focus on platform improvements and security. They've also paid attention to SEO.
They reimplemented the integration with Google Services to include all updates introduced by Google, especially to support the transition to Google Analytics 4 in July 2023.
The Magento team added a few changes to the Braintree and PayPal payment options and introduced App Pay as a new payment option.
- Added Apple Pay as a payment option
- Added availability of PayPal Pay Later payment method for Italy and Spain
- Preview of PayPal credit card and Pay Later buttons in the admin panel
- Removed Braintree KOUNT fraud protection from the codebase
- Added "Always request 3DS" options in Braintree payments.
Pagebuilder v1.7.2 has been made compatible with Magento 2.4.5 which allows users to manage column settings on the storefront.
Those working with GraphQL will appreciate the improvements in Magento 2.4.5.
- GraphQL API can now consume the authorization token expiration date
- Session usage has been removed from the HTTP header processor
- Unified storefront GraphQL schema is rebuilt faster on deployment
- Added the ability to disable the session cookies for all GraphQL operations completely
- Session cookies are launched in GraphQL operation using class proxies when needed
Magento added the compatibility of PWA Studio v1.2.5 with Magento 2.4.5.
- Added ability to collect customer behaviour data on the PWA studio storefront to extend web analytics
- Ability to choose a service, such as Google Tag Manager, to deploy from the admin panel
Each Magento release makes the platform stronger, more reliable and more secure. If you're still using some outdated version, it's better to update Magento 2 and benefit from all the new features.