Nowadays, people become so attached to brands, they tend to buy only certain labels. Thus, it makes sense for you to gather the branded products you sell under neatly organized categories. This helps customers navigate through their favorite brands easier and find them faster.
In this article, you'll learn how to shop by brand with Magento 2 Dynamic Categories. We'll create categories based on the brand of different products.
To create a Brand category in Magento:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Dynamic Category > Rules and press the Add New Rule button.
2. Configure general Rule Information.
- Enable the Rule and set the Rule Name and Description. These will be used internally.
- Set the rule Priority to define the position of the rule in the rule grid.
- Choose Static as the Category Type and set the Categories which you want to assign products to.
- Choose what Website to enable the Brand category on.
- Select the method to Apply the rule: On Product Save, Cron, Manually, or All Events.
- Choose whether to Remove Products from Other Categories in case you're reorganizing your catalog and products of a certain brand are distributed within multiple categories.
- Choose whether to Remove Other Products from Category. If you've just created an empty category, there is no need to enable this option.
3. Fill out Rule Conditions.
In this section, you have to specify under what conditions to add products to the Brand category. In our case, it's a sample Brand attribute.
If you like you can preview products that will be added to your brand category before saving the rule to make sure they fall under the conditions.
Don't forget to Save the dynamic category rule. Based on the options you've selected in the Apply By field, products will be either added to the category immediately or after a while.
You can make shopping by brand in Magento easier by grouping branded products into categories. So, once you finish with one brand category, follow the same pattern to create categories for other brands.
However, creating brand categories is just one of many opportunities you have with dynamic categories. Choose any product attribute and create dynamic category rules based on it to reorganize your catalog completely.