CMS Display Rules allow you to display CMS blocks to different groups of customers: General, Wholesale, Retail and NOT LOGGED IN. Moreover it enables you to set the date, weekday and even the exact time period you want the CMS Block to be displayed on.
We are going to show you in this article how to configure CMS block restrictions in Magento 2.
Follow these steps to configure the CMS display rule for CMS blocks in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Content > Elements > Blocks, choose the CMS block you want to create the display rule for and find the Display Conditions and Display Rules sections.
2. Set the Customer Group you want CMS block to be visible to.
You can reduce the number of customers CMS block will be displayed to by setting some separate customer groups in the Display Rules.
3. Configure the time of CMS block display.
Display Rules extension enables you to display static block not only by date, but the weekday or even the exact time of the day.
4. Set an alternative block you want other segments of customers to see instead of the one you are configuring the CMS display rule for.
In case you decide to display the CMS Block to a specific group of customers you might want to display something to other groups instead. So, with Magento 2 CMS Display Rule extension you are able to display the alternative static block.
5. Choose conditions you want the CMS block to be displayed under.
According to Magento 2 CMS Display Rules you are able to display static blocks by customers' shopping cart attributes like Subtotal, Total Items Quantity, Shipping or Payment Methods.
Besides, this module allows you to choose product attributes such as Category, Quantity, Sale, Gender, Climate, etc. to display CMS block by.
For example, you want to offer free shipment for those who reached the subtotal. Then you can add the display condition according to which people whose shopping cart subtotal is greater than but less than will see the free shipping offer.
Once you finish setting the CMS display rules for CMS block don't forget to Save it and check how it works according to the conditions.
Now you see that CMS Display Rules is a great contribution to your business as it allows you to improve your CMS blocks management, run promotions campaigns and encourage your customers to buy more by showing them some special offers.