CMS Display Rules as a great contribution to your marketing strategy allows you to decide which CMS pages to display to different groups of customers: General, Wholesale, Retail and NOT LOGGED IN. Besides, there are other options that allow you to customize the display of CMS Pages not only by separate groups of customers, but date, weekday and exact time.
In this article, you will learn how to configure CMS Display Rule for a static page. There is no need to tell you how to create CMS Page in Magento 2 because if you are reading this article you probably already have CMS pages you want to set the display rules for.
In order to enable the CMS display rule for CMS page in Magento 2 follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Content > Elements > Pages, choose the CMS page you want to create the display rule for and find the Display Conditions and Display Rules sections.
2. Set the Customer Group you want CMS page to be visible to.
For example, you want to share some information with wholesalers only. That is why you create the Wholesale Secret Information static page you want to be displayed exclusively to this group of customers.
3. Configure the time of CMS page display.
Display Rules extension enables you to display static pages not only by date, but the weekday or even the exact time of the day.
4. Set the alternative page you want other groups of customers to be redirected to once they try to access the page you are configuring the CMS display rule for.
You don't want other groups of customers to see the information aimed at wholesalers only. So, as an alternative, you can redirect them to the Become Wholesale static page where you share the corresponding info.
5. Choose conditions you want the CMS page to be displayed under.
Magento 2 CMS Display Rules allow you to display static pages according to shopping cart attributes like Subtotal, Total Items Quantity, Shipping or Payment Methods.
Once you finish setting the CMS display rules for CMS page don't forget to Save it.
Now you see that CMS Display Rules is a great contribution to your business as it allows you to improve your CMS pages management and run promotional campaigns increasing your profit.