If you have installed Magefan Auto Currency Switcher Extension for Magento 2 and wondering how to properly test it, please follow these simple steps:
1. Enable all Magento 2 caches
All live sites use enabled caches, so make sure that you have enabled all one when testing.
2. Use Developer (Simulate Geolocation)
Magento 2 Auto Currency Switcher has the option that allows you to test the extension performance directly from the admin.
3. Enable Developer (Simulate Geolocation)
In order to enable the Simulate Geolocation option:
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > GeoIP Database and find the Developer (Simulate Geolocation) section.
- Enter your IPs the Allowed IPs to test the auto currency extension from and separate them by comma. Note: you can find your IP unfolding the General section of the Auto Currence Switcher (Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Auto Currence Switcher).
- Set the Simulate Country which you want developers to be recognized as visitors from. Note: just developers with allowed IPs will be recognized as visitors from this country.
4. Clean cookies
Once you Save the configuration, please clean the browser cookies. You need to do this because of Auto Currency Switcher Extension detect visitor location only once, and store the results in browser cookies. We made this for better performance and site speed.
Visit pages in two browsers and see the results.
6. Clear the IPs
Once you've finished testing don't forget to clear the Developer (Simulate Geolocation) fields.