If you have installed Magefan Auto Currency Switcher Extension for Magento 2 and wondering how to properly test it, please follow these simple steps:
1. Enable all Magento 2 caches.
All live sites use enabled caches, so make sure that you have enabled all onсe when testing.
2. Use Developer (Simulate Geolocation).
Magento 2 Auto Currency Switcher has the option that allows you to test the extension performance directly from the admin.
3. Enable Developer (Simulate Geolocation).
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > GeoIP Database and find the Developer (Simulate Geolocation) section.
- Enter your IPs in the Allowed IPs field to test the auto currency extension from and separate them by a comma.
- Set the Simulate Country in which you want developers to be recognized as visitors.
Note: just developers with allowed IPs will be recognized as visitors from this country.
Note: you can find your IP unfolding the General section of the Auto Currency Switcher (Stores > Configuration > Magefan Extensions > Auto Currency Switcher).
4. Clean cookies.
Once you Save the configuration, please clean the browser cookies. You need to do this because of Auto Currency Switcher Extension detect visitor location only once, and store the results in browser cookies. We made this for better performance and site speed.
5. Test the Auto Currency Switcher.
Visit pages in two browsers and see the results.
6. Clear the IPs.
Once you've finished testing don't forget to clear the Developer (Simulate Geolocation) fields.