In order to manage blog category in Magento 2, first of all, make sure that Magefan Blog Extension is installed on your Magento 2 instance.
Follow these steps to learn how to create a blog category in Magento 2:
- Log in to your Magento 2 admin panel.
- Go to the ‘Content’ tab > ‘Blog’ > ‘Categories’.
- Press the ‘Add new Category’ button.
After pressing ‘Add new Category’ button you will see the category’s creation page.
1. To enable or disable a category, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ correspondingly in the ‘Enable Category’ switcher.
2. Enter a ‘Category Title’.
3. Assign to ‘Parent Category’, if needed.
4. Set the 'Position' in category tree if needed.
In this section you can enter a category content by using a WYSIWYG (What you See is What you Get) editor.
Category in Websites
Please indicate which Website and Store View the category will be accessible to.
Search Engine Optimization
1. Indicate URL Key which will be used in the category url. If you leave this field blank, it will be generated automatically.
2. Indicate Meta Title which should NOT be more than 50-60 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Category Title will be used.
3. Indicate Meta Keywords if needed. Please note that according to the latest SEO practices the usage of Meta Keyword is not recommended.
4. Indicate Meta Description which should NOT be more than 160 characters. If you don’t indicate this field, the Content will be used.
1. In the ‘Layout’ field you can select a structure of the Blog CategoryPage.
2. In the ‘Layout Update XML’ field you can enter the custom Layout XML. Please note that technical skills are required.
Custom Design Update
To set up Custom Design for Category Page, please select a date range (from - to) within which a new design will be applied. For Custom Design you can specify ‘New Theme’, ‘New Layout’ and ‘New Layout Update XML’.
Once all the changes have been performed, please press ‘Save’ or ‘Save and Continue’ button.