Grouped product is a unique set of different simple products related to each other and put together in order to increase the chances of customers buying more items. Every single product in a group can be purchased separately as well as a part of a grouped product.
The components of a grouped product are listed in the shopping cart as separate products but are sold as a group.
Sometimes, people don't understand the difference between a grouped and bundle products in Magento 2. But it is really simple.
Purchasing a bundle product customers can choose between different product options and in the case of grouped products customers can add or remove product items as they want.
Since the grouped product is a combination of separate simple products the options you have to fill out are the same as in the simple product creation. However there some distinctive fields.
Following steps to create a grouped product in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and choose Grouped Product from the Add Products dropdown.
2. Enable the grouped product and choose the Attribute Set for it. In case you do not want to use the default Magento attribute sets, create a new attribute set.
3. Fill in the standard fields and sections like Product Name, SKU, Stock Status.
Note: You are not able to set the Price and Quantity since they are set separately for each product of the group.
4. Choose where the grouped product will be Visible from: Catalog or Search.
5. Set the Category grouped product will be added to or create a new category.
Note: you can use the Magento 2 Dynamic Category extension to create a "New" category products will be automatically added to and removed from once the date expires.
7. Set Country of Manufacture.
8. Add the Description and Short Description to the grouped product.
9. Find the Grouped Products section and press the Add Products to Group button.
10. Select Products you would like to group together and press the Add Selected Products button.
11. Once you add the products and set their quantity, don't forget to press the Save button.
12. Add Images and Videos of the grouped product.
13. Configure the Search Engine Optimization functionality and set the grouped product URL-key and Meta Information.
Note: Meta Description should not be more than 150-160 characters
14. Add Related Products, Up-Sells and Cross-Sells to the grouped product to encourage customers to purchase more items.
15. Mark Product in Websites, configure Design, and Schedule Design Update.
16. Allow Gift Message or Use Config Settings.
Once you finished setting up the grouped product in Magento 2, navigate to the storefront to check it out.