Magento 2 is famous for the variety of products it allows you to create. Bundle product is a unique kind of Magento 2 product since it allows customers to customize product attributes in bundle.
Many of you would find a huge similarity between grouped and bundle products and there definitely is some.
However, what is the difference between grouped and bundle products in Magento 2?
e.g. If you have a grouped product that consists of a sports bag, uniform, and sneakers customers can choose to remove one item (bag or uniform or sneakers). In bundle product, they can choose the SKU of the sports bag and size of the uniform and sneakers.
To put it simply, bundle products are grouped products with customizable options. A bundle product is a "build your own" product. Choosing between grouped and bundle product customers would probably choose the second one.
In bundle products, they can customize product attributes and change the SKU, Size, Price, and Weight.
Follow these steps to create a bundle product in Magento 2:
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and choose Bundle Product from the Add Product dropdown.
2. Enable the product and choose the Attribute Set to assign to the product.
3. Set the Product Name and SKU.
4. Enable the Dynamic SKU, if you want a suffix to be added to the default SKU of each product in the bundle; or set it to NO if you prefer a unique SKU to be created for every item of the bundle product.
5. Set the Dynamic Price option to NO and set a price if you want to charge a fixed price for the bundle product. If you want the price to reflect the options customers select, enable this Dynamic Price and leave the Price field blank.
Note: you are not able to set the Tax Class if you decide to use Dynamic Price.
Once you come to this point and set the price, Save the bundle product. There will appear a store switcher to allow you to assign this product to a certain store view.
While creating the bundle products in Magento 2 you cannot set the Quantity and Weight since these are the customizable options customers will choose from.
6. Set the Stock Status.
Note: if you want to display out-of-stock products on storefront configure stock options.
7. Set product Visibility. It is better to choose Catalog and Search since when you set only one of them, customers won't be able to see it in the catalog or search for it.
8. Choose the Category the bundle product that will be assigned to or create a new category.
In case you are tired of assigning products to categories and search for some ways to make this process automatic we have a great solution for you. Magento 2 Dynamic Categories extension allows you to create a dynamic category rule which will assign products to categories automatically based on certain conditions.
9. Set Product as New From To Date during which customers will be able to see the bundle product marked "New" or in the New category if you have one on your store.
Note: you can easily create New category with the Magento 2 Dynamic Category extension that will add and remove products from this category automatically.
10. Select the Country of Manufacturer.
11. Scroll down to the Bundle Items section and select the way to Ship Bundle Items.
12. Press the Add Option button to be able to set the bundle product items.
13. Set the Options Title (Product name) to use as a field label, choose the Input Type, and check the Required checkbox to set this option as required.
14. Add Products to Option by selecting them from the list of products and pressing the Add Selected Products button.
15. Once you add product options set their Price and Default Quantity.
16. Set the bundle product URL-key and Meta Information.
Note: Meta Description should optimally be between 150-160 characters.
17. In the Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section you set the products similar to this product or product that matches perfectly to the one customer already intends to buy (to increase the chances of a customer buying more items).
18. Set the Customizable Options so the customers can choose the product variation they want.
Note: you cannot set custom options in case you choose to use dynamic pricing.
19. Set the Website bundle product will be displayed on. If you manage a multi-language store, you can assign a product to the store view.
20. Configure the Design of a bundle product and Schedule Design Update.
21. Allow or do not allow Gift Message.
Once you have filled in all the necessary information, do not forget to Save the product and go to the storefront to review it.
As noted before, bundle products have customizable options so before purchasing a product, customers can choose between the offered options.