Configuring Facebook Open Graph tags for Magento 2 category page on your website, you set the OG Title, OG Description and OG Image people would find attractive and worth following. You can promote your Magento 2 store categories on Facebook or any other social media and drive more traffic to your store through clickable and attention-grabbing posts.
In order to configure OG tags for Magento 2 category page do the following:
1. Go to Admin Panel > Catalog > Categories.
2. Сhoose the category you are interested in configuring the OG tags for and find an Open Graph Metadata section.
3. Set an Open Graph title in OG Title field. In case you haven't set it up the Meta Title will be used. If it isn't configured category name will be used.
4. In the OG Description set the Open Graph description of the category. Meta description of the category will be used in case an OG description hasn't been set. If there are none of the descriptions configured, the Default Description will be used.
5. Set an Open Graph Image in the OG Image, otherwise, Default OG Image will be used.
Once you finish don't forget to press the Save button and validate the Open Graph tags to preview how the shared Magento 2 category will look like.